Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Charlize Theron Adopts Baby Boy

Charlize Theron is a new mom. No, you didn't miss the baby bump. The Oscar-winner just adopted a boy, her rep confirmed to People.

"She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson," the rep told the magazine in a statement. No additional details about Jackson were available at press time.

While baby Jackson is Theron's first child, it seems that the star has been thinking about motherhood for some time. In a 2010 interview, she opened up about wanting to tackle an important role: mom.

"I feel very blessed to have had a certain amount of success and now I'm reaching the point where I would love to be a mom," Theron said at the time. "I know I want to raise a big family and it's just a question of time — I know I'm ready for that phase of my life."

Theron and her longtime boyfriend, Stuart Townsend, split in early 2010 after nearly a decade together. In 2011, she talked to Vogue about the new chapter in her life. "I've never been single. This is the first time in my life," the actress said.

"From the time I was 19, I've been in relationships, literally gone from one to the other within a month," she added.

Theron will be busy at home and at work this year. First up, she's set to play the evil queen Ravenna in "Snow White and the Huntsman" opposite Kristen Stewart. Then she's set to star in the long-awaited Ridley Scott thriller "Prometheus."


No comments:

Post a Comment